We supervise various BSc research projects related to our research projects. Undergraduate students from the Geography undergraduate at the University of Birmingham join us for a year to do their research project.
Please contact Anne Van Loon if you are interested in doing your undergraduate research project with us
Ongoing BSc projects:
- Daniel Russon – Which aquifer is more sensitive to seasonal anomalies in driving meteorology?
- Edward Welch – The relationship between climate change and groundwater drought in the UK
- Emily Potter – Pesticides in the river Thames from source to sea
- Ramya Vijayan – Changes in micro-organics during extreme flood conditions in the Thames
Previous BSc projects:
- Shannon Addy – Quantify the effects of abstraction on groundwater droughts regionally in the UK
- Grace Oldknow – The effects of different groundwater regimes in periods of drought when applied to a groundwater model of Shropshire and the role of human involvement in groundwater drought
- Catrin Hughes – An investigation into the impacts of reservoirs on river discharge
- Mylene Kitchen – Investigating the effectiveness and operation of water company drought plans 2010-2012 in key aquifer use areas, UK
- Ryan Davies – Analysis of Susceptibility to Low Flows in Groundwater-Dominated Catchments
- Tasmin Semple – The Characterisation of Hydrological Drought and the Capability of Groundwater to Alleviate Drought in the Lake Chad Basin, Lake Naivasha Basin and the Limpopo River Basin, Africa
- Zoe Latuszka – The Effect of Differing Land Use in Three Contrasting Catchments on River Flow in Extreme Events
- Carys Thompson – A Comparison of Drought Indices with reference to the Drought of 1976 in England, and the Seasonal Effect of PET
- Kirandeep Kooner – A paired-catchment analysis to quantify the human influence on drought in the United Kingdom
- Sam Miller – Does the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) provide
sufficient resolution to accurately monitor groundwater and groundwater
drought in selective areas?
- Taranpreet Rai – A comparison of the impacts of the El Nino Southern Oscillation on groundwater in different regions
- Amy Baker – Regional Climate affects Severn Streamflow
- Cherona Chapman – Limitations in the prediction of extreme river flows using rainfall-runoff models: observations from Devon, UK
- Chris Backhouse – How climatological factors have affected river flow rates in chalk aquifer region in the Thames Basin between 1981 and 2011