Key projects, papers & people of different topics within this theme
- In the project Drought risk profiles for Africa , Marthe Wens created national drought disaster risk profiles for 18 SSA countries by evaluating drought hazard, exposure, and hydropower and agricultural losses. The project also consisted of a capacity building aspect involving multiple workshops for national disaster managers and technicians all countires.
- In the project Drought risk profiles for Kenya, Marthe Wens created county-specific drought disaster risk profiles for Kenya’s ASAL counties, by evaluating drought hazard, exposure, and drought impacts on children, using AI algorithms and local data.
- In the project Drought risk profiles for the Volta Basin, Marthe Wens and Raed Hamed created a basin-specific drought disaster risk profile on the sub-national scale, by evaluating drought hazard, exposure, and drought impacts on agriculture using AI. The project also consisted of a capacity building aspect involving multiple workshops for technicians in Mali, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Togo and Benin.
- Within the DOWN2EARTH project Rhoda Odongo investigates …
- EDORA project – Marthe Wens
- In the RECEIPT project, Raed Hamed investigates storylines of climate-driven soybean impacts in major producing regions looking at local compound events, simultaneous breadbasket failures and associated large-scale teleconnection patterns.
- MYRIAD project – Ruoying Dai
- PerfectSTORM (Storylines of Future Extremes) project – Alessia Matanó & Ruben Weesie investigates how local experiences of a drought affect experiences of a successive flood in case studies.
- Compound Risks in Fragile Contexts: examples from the Horn of Africa – Alessia Matanó
This is ongoing research. Papers will be added.