Key projects, papers & people of different topics within this theme
Drought adaptation modelling
- In the project Adaptation behaviour to droughts in Kenya, Marthe Wens investigated small-scale farmers’ adaptive behaviour in the face of droughts and the two-way interaction between adaptation decisions and drought risk, though multi-method data collection and agent-based modelling techniques.
- DOWN2EARTH – Ileen Streefkerk
Drought management & preparedness
- Rangecroft et al. (2018) – Hydrological modelling as a tool for interdisciplinary workshops on future drought – Progress in Physical Geography
- A Citizen Science Approach to Drought Risk Management in Peru and Chile & Supporting Effective Drought Risk Management in Vulnerable Catchments of Chile
Groundwater drought management
- Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR) – Wendt et al. (2021a) – Managed aquifer recharge as a drought mitigation strategy in heavily-stressed aquifers – Environmental Research Letters
- Conjunctive water use – Wendt et al. (2021b) – Evaluating integrated water management strategies to inform hydrological drought mitigation – Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences
- Forecast-based financing for food security – Gabriela Guimarães Nobre & Marthe Wens
- Drought forecasting in Central America – Katherine Kowal
- Kowal et al. (2021) – SEAS5 Skilfully Predicts Late Wet-Season Precipitation in Central American Dry Corridor Excelling in Costa Rica and Nicaragua – International Journal of Climatology
- CONNECT4 water resilience: connecting water resources, communities, drought and flood hazards, and governance across 4 countries in the Limpopo basin – Alessia Matanó
- I-CISK (Innovating climate services through integrating scientific and local knowledge) – Lotte Muller & Marthe Wens
This is ongoing research. More papers will be added.